Events in the Golden Triangle - Algarve - Portugal
Looking for information about events in the Golden Triangle, Algarve, Portugal? Then you've come to the right place! Find out what's going on around Almancil, Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo, including local markets, great annual events and see when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
NOT TO BE MISSED OCTOBER 2017 ALGARVE EVENTS
We love our October weather and we love our October Algarve events!! With a backdrop of blue sky and glistening sunshine, there’s so much going on across the region and there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
Some of the highlights include:
- Vilamoura Champions Tour - the best equestrian event in Portugal – taking place until 15th October ’17 at the Vilamoura Equestrian Centre
- Mamamaratona charity run and walk in Portimão – an event to raise awareness about the early detection of cancer – which takes place 8th October, starting from the Old Fish Market on the Portimao river front. All ages and abilities can participate and it’s just such a fun day out!
- 8th Birdwatching Festival in Sagres – one of our most famous Algarve nature events – takes place between 4th to 8th October at the Beliche Fort and it’s a great opportunity to observe the migration of lots of species and to learn about the birds and to enjoy lots of nature activities, from bird ringing to boat trips!
- Oktoberfest Beer Festival - yes it’s all about beer, with lots and lots to sample – and it’s being hosted at VILA VITA Parc Resort and Spa until the 8th October.
- BLIP Better Living in Portugal - one of the biggest fairs for expats living in Portugal – with stalls galore to promote businesses and services as well as food, drink and prize giveaways . It’s a 2 day event, from 7th to 8th October at Portimão Arena.
- “Mostras de Artesanato” handicrafts show in Vila Real de Santo António – the best of our Algarve regional products to sample or to get as great gifts – held at the beautiful historical town square “Praça Marquês de Pombal” 7th and 21st October ’17.
- 2nd Octopus Week – Quarteira and Vilamoura 30th September to 8th October '17 - Dozens of participating restaurants will be preparing a variety of yummy octopus dishes and there are cultural events to enjoy too! for more information check out the Quarteira and Vilamoura Association site.
- Portuguese Guitar Recitals in Faro - all through October there will be lovely guitar music playing at the Arco da Vila near to the tourist information office, with daily 30 minute performances (apart from Friday's and Saturday's) at 12pm, 3pm and 4.30pm.
- "Mercadinho de Outono", Autumn Market in Cacela Velha - this is the perfect excuse to visit one the prettiest places in the Algarve and to pick up some wonderful goodies at the same time! The market takes place 22nd October from 10.30am to 5.30pm.
For more information about what's going on in the Algarve in October check out the Visit Algarve October 2017 Events Guide, the Visit Algarve website, or pop into any tourist information office when you get here to make sure you don’t miss out on something!